I am trying to embroider with my Pfaff Creative 4.0 and

Customer Question
version 4D of the embroidery...
I am trying to embroider with my Pfaff Creative 4.0 and version 4D of the embroidery software. The message I get is "Windows System error. Please close and restart all software." How do I do this?
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: For some time. I gather that it is a rather common problem Recently I have had my laptop computer, sewing machine and embroidery machine all serviced. I called Pfaff software support last week and they were supposed to email instructions, which I have yet to receive.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Windows 7; Pfaff Creative 4.0 machine & embroidery unit.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: What I just described; calling Pfaff, and now talking with you. My local Pfaff dealer's response was to call Pfaff support.
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Only that I WOULD LIKE TO UPGRADE TO wINDOWS 10.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
6/16/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Upgrading to windows 10 would cause even more issues with your Pfaff software and embroidery machine.

Id recommend not to upgrade to windows 10, if you enjoy using the software and machine itself. With that being said, I can help you resolve the error you are having with the software on windows 7.

How do you want me to proceed.

A) I can connect to your computer from here via secure remote assistance and repair the issue personally, on screen.

B) I can guide you via written support instead.

How do you want to proceed?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I would prefer written support. Thanks

All right.. One more question.

When was the last time you remember your software worked correctly?

A few days ago, a week, a month, etc?

Was it only working before you had the laptop serviced, or was it working at any point after that?

Your yahoo account, is it an ATT yahoo account , or does your account end with only @yahoo.com?

Also, are you a paying AT&T member, such as for home phone service, TV, or cell phone service?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It worked fine about a year ago when I was doing some embroidery I did nothing different, but had the same Windows error message before I had everything cleaned/serviced.

What I suggest, is downloading the 6d version of the software from this page.

https://www.vsmsoftware.net/DBv3/(S(rlqyouocz3zizbend0chdsfz))/User/Login.aspx?system=6D&language=EN&requested=MachComm

As the newer software will work better with windows 7.

Also, id suggest updating the Creative 4.0 machine itself by following the steps on this page

http://www.pfaff.com/en-US/Support/254

Once you hav e installed the new 6d software, and also once you have updated the machine itself. You shouldnt get that error message anymore.

let me know if you get stuck, or run into any issues.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I appreciate your attempts to guide me, but I am giving up now. Please disregard my questions. Thanks

If you change your mind and want me to connect directly to your computer and fix this issue personally, thats always an option. and it takes the headache and frustration out of the repair process.

Dustin, Computer Support Specialist