I have a new T 100 notebook and can't connect to the

Customer Question
I have a new...
I have a new T 100 notebook and can't connect to the internet. Everything else I have is connected and working just fine. Can you help me?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
6/16/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 1 year ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please what exactly happens when you try to connect the notebook to the internet please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It'll it just says "you are not connected"

Ok, which version of windows are you using?

And are you trying to connect via wireless or a cable?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Wireless

Thanks

Press the windows key + R and type in

ncpa.cpl

press enter

Right click on wifi and select connect

Click on your wifi network in the list, click connect and enter in your password.

Once entered, it will connect and you will then have internet

Let me know the results please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When I type in the +Rncpa.cpl it says my pc is not connected to internet--check network connection

ok, you do not type that in (+R)

You press on the keyboard the windows key (next to ALT) and R

Then a box opens and in that you type in

ncpa.cpl

Then press enter

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It still says I' m not connectrd

Did you complete the steps I asked? Whee you asked to enter in a password?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I completed the steps and it says I'm not connected!!!!!

No problem, I am going to opt out of working with you Betty.

You do not need to do anything, an expert will notify you when they take over your case.

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How much is this going to cost.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think I need my money back! Please credit my card now!
Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

I can definitely help you with this issue. If you dont want to continue and you want a refund, we can stop here and I will send you the refund link.

So, do you want to continue working this issue with me, if in unsuccessful you would still be entitled to a refund.

or do you just want to stop now and get a refund ?

Dustin S

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay, I will give it one more try. Is there a phone # ***** call you directly?

I can offer you phone support, that is an additional fee though. Ill send the phone support offer to you now and if the price isnt agreeable to you, we can continue via written support instead.

**Note** If I cant help you fix the issue, youd still be entitled to a refund which would include the phone support cost.

Dustin S

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No I'm not going to pay anymore.

Understood. Then lets continue via written support at the initial fee agreed upon.

Lets start here. do you have another pc or phone that is connected wirelessly to the same wireless network?

If so, do we know for certain what your wireless network name is.. And also, the exact wireless password?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
CenturyLink4733

And do you have another device connected wirelessly to the century link?

If so, do you know for certain the correct and current wireless password?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Bjm030269
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a Kendal and my tv is also connected wirelessly

Ok, now on the lenovo.

When you left c lick the wireless button at the bottom right of your screen.

Does it show the centurylink4733 network?

If so, then after you left click the wireless icon, click network settings at the very bottom of the page.

Then, click manage wifi settings, then at the bottom of that page you should see your network listed .. Letf click the centurylink4733 network, and then click Forget

Then, left click the wireless icon at the bottom right of your screen.

Then, left click the centurylink4733 network.

Then, type in the password ***** What exactly happens when you type in the password ***** click connect?

Dustin S

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it is asking for the network security key. is that on the bottom of the router. the security type I put in isn't right. is it the paraphrase?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am still not connected. I would like a refung

It should be the same passphrase that your TV or Kindle is u sing to connect to the same wireless network.

You did not tell me exactly what it said when you typed in the password ***** clicked connect.

Did it give an error? Please be specific as I cannot see whats happening on your end, so your messages have to work as my eyes would.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Network security key isn't correct

Ok, in that case we need to figure out what the correct key is.

Does it show a security key on the bottom of the router? If so, try that.

If that doesnt work. Then call century link and ask them to find your wifi password ***** you.

The only issue your lenovo is having is that you do not have the correct wireless password, so it cant connect!

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Dustin, Computer Support Specialist