Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

When in PC mode every 15 seconds or so it keeps saying

Customer Question

When in PC mode every 15 seconds or so it keeps saying "Signal detecting". I tried installing an updated graphics driver (Vista) a while back, but the message still appears and still so annoying. Please recommend an actual driver or an actual solution. I feel like throwing it in the garbage...thanks Steve
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

What is the make and model of the computer with the issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ACER Aspire 9410Z
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, when you say "PC Mode" you mean you have connected an external monitor to it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is the "monitor" that gives the signal detecting message. The TV - VGA connected is a Westinghouse, 32 inch, version: WDE_L32F42, S/N:6160Y03302720
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, and when you connect the TV, did you switch it to the PC input channel on the TV?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Of course
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

which version of windows is installed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It works it just displays that message every minute, the sound goes off for a second....google it.. you'll see other people with the "signal detecting" problems..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Vista
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

You will not get sound to the TV via the VGA port, it only delivers video.

Which resolution is the computer set to?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's okay, it has been doing it for a long time, I got another, newer, win7 PC i can try instead ...thanks anyway..it might not be as simple as a new driver Idk, westinghouse probably knows...
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, but can you tell me the resolution the computer is set to please? As this can be caused by the TV being set to wrong resolution

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know...i am gettting sound from the pc out the headphone jack into an amp/receiver..sound is fine ..the TV "signal detecting" message appears the sound cuts out for a second is all i am saying, making it even more annoying
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok thanks, ***** ***** need to know please what resolution the computer is set to please

If you do not know, right click desktop, screen resolution and tell me the resolution for both screens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1280x768 (standard, recommended)
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

and the other screen, I need to know resolution for both screens please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Same resolution
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

reduce it and test on different resolutions and let me know the results

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the standard recommended resolution for the tv, nothing else fills the screen
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
or it says unsupported...
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can you please try the instructions and let me know the results

Its a test I wish to do

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sounds like you need to look into it a little more from the tv-side
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, if your not willing to do any of the instructions I have been giving you then I am not able to continue with you.

I will opt out of working with you further.

You do not need to do anything, when another expert takes over you will be contacts

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done all that... No need to do it again..none of the other resolutions work nor are they meant for this tv
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not the simple, fast, easy solution here ..you might have to look a little deeper