I have a Lenovo horizon and the screen is doing all sorts of

Customer Question
funky. I've completely reset my...
I have a Lenovo horizon and the screen is doing all sorts of funky. I've completely reset my entire computer, and it's still doing it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/14/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Michelle, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

let me know the problem a bit more in detail.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I cannot control my screen or my mouse for more than a second. I've restarted my computer and reset it to factory settings. Still no change

how old is the Tablet?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's a all in one desktop only a year or so

unplug the charger if its connected and then you press and hold down the power button on the tab for 45 seconds. Release the button and wait for 2 mins more and then power it back on and let me know once you are on the main screen.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
On the home screen still doing the same thing.

is it flickering, can you show me if you can post a picture of the screen on this chat session.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Actually, it won't even turn on after holding the power button for 45 seconds

Connect the charger and alow it to charger for 10 mins and then follow the 45 seconds steps.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will. But I'm 99% sure it was at 100% when I shut it down. It's always plugged in

Nevermind please give it a try and follow the step i gave.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No there's absolutely no power on. I have no idea what holding the power button did but it won't even blink now.

How old is the device?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
A year, and it's never had a problem.

so its out of warranty correct?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Probably about a month over the warranty. Purchased it in May last year.

We have no other option till the battery is removed and the tab is power cycled.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't believe there's any way to "take out the battery" this is a closed box computer.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It looks like a very large ipad

This is an all in one pc and it does not have backup battery inside. We would need the memory (RAM) to be removed and reseat it back.

i am attaching a link for reference how to remove the memory and reseat it back.

before following the RAM steps lets shut the pc down completely. Power must be off as well. let me know once done.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I never got the link to reset the ram.

Replacing a memory module

Attention: Turn off the computer and wait 3 to 5 minutes to let it cool down before removing the base cover.

To replace a memory module:

Step 1. Remove any media (disks, CDs, DVDs, or memory cards) from the drives, shut down the operating

system, and turn off the computer and all attached devices.

Step 2. Unplug all power cords from electrical outlets.

Step 3. Disconnect all cables attached to the computer. This includes power cords, input/output (I/O)

cables, and any other cables that are connected to the computer. Refer to "Left and right view"

and "Rear view" for help with locating the various connectors.

Step 4. Remove the rear cover. Refer to "Removing the rear cover".

Step 5. Remove the EMI cover. Refer to "Removing the EMI cover".

Step 6. Disconnect the battery cable from the connector on motherboard. Refer to "Replacing the battery".

Step 7. Push out the latches on both sides of the memory socket to release the memory module. Gently

pull the memory module upward to remove it from its socket.

Step 8. To install the new memory module:

a. Align the new memory module with the memory socket, then insert it and push down on

the top edge.

b. Make sure the latches lock the memory module in place.

c. Reconnect the battery cable to the connector on the motherboard.

Step 9. Reattach the EMI and rear cover.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I see the instructions, but no link. "Refer to" won't help without it
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No dice

?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
As of right now the advice I've gotten has cost me 2-4 weeks (geek squad won't open up the computer without sending it out) or just a new 1700 computer. Either way you should know.

did you open the computer and follow the steps?

let me know when you are online i will walk you through to get this fixed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I opened up the computer like instructed. Although it was very similar it was no the exact computer inside. I isn't feel comfortable physically dissecting it. Brought it to geek squad they said they will have it back in three weeks. I said no way and brought it to a local guy so I'll see what he says.
Tech Support Specialist: Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer replied 1 year ago
Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer

Hi

Does the issue still persist ? What local guy has said to you after manual inspection.

Let me know if you need any further assistance on it from our side.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Computer still not fixed. Went from a glitch in my screen to a totally useless computer with this advice. I have no idea why, but with te advice I've received the computer won't even turn on. Won't be using his service again.
Tech Support Specialist: Benjamin Larson, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 year ago
Benjamin Larson
Benjamin Larson, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hey David! I'm so sorry you've had such a bad time with this. I see your question is a little old at this point, but you just posted here today expressing your frustration. If you are posting in an effort to get someone to help you get your computer back and running, I absolutely get that. If you are willing to give this another shot, I'm willing to help.

About me - I've been working with computer since I was a kid - my Dad got into computers when I was little and so I've had them around me my whole life. I have a degree in computer science and I'm currently working as a software developer. I've worked in customer service and technical support, including a small part-time job at Geek Squad. I've helped friends build computers and I love to play with technology. I do not claim to know everything, but I will promise to be honest with you as well as give your issue a good try. All of the experts here are independent professionals who give free advice to help people, and if we are successful in helping people, we are rewarded with a good rating that results in us getting payment for our services. In other words, we are paid, but only if the customer is happy with our service.

So to recap - I'm pretty sure if I can't solve your issue at least I can try to guide you in the right direction. I do want to set your expectations though - it may be the case that the issue will be something I can't solve - I will tell you that if it comes to that. It may also be true that the physical parts of your computer are causing an issue. Now sometimes that's an inexpensive fix and other times it will cost a good deal to repair and it becomes not worth it to fix since replacing technology sometimes is cheaper than repairing. Sad for the environment and kinda wasteful, but the true.

Anyway, just let me know if you want to work with me and I'll be happy to do so. I do have a full time job so I may not respond right away, but I try to get on here many times each day since I'm usually by a computer or on this website with my mobile phone.

Benjamin Larson
Benjamin Larson