I'm finally here

Customer Question
Hi Eric I'm finally here...
Hi Eric I'm finally here
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
6/13/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Eric Ewing, IT Pro replied 1 year ago
Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience: I am a technology professional with 18 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).

Hi! I'm Eric, a computer expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

Hi Fred! I haven't forgotten about you, but I *have* been under the weather today and not online. My sincere apologies to have kept you hanging. I'm going to eat some dinner here before "punching in," but I saw your message come through and at least wanted to quickly touch base.

It's about 7:30 EST now and I plan to be online for several hours come about 9PM EST. Are you free then, or is that too late? If the latter, can we schedule a time for tomorrow?

Thanks for your understanding.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Erik,
I'm having trouble gaining access to wife's computer. I'll try again tomorrow. If not can you tell me how to download Windows trouble shooters? I get error message in running MS fixit program. I think I'll have to uninstall iTunes and reinstall it to get around update problem.
On two other computers running win 10 I'm not able to go to App Store. Screen blinks and returns me to desk top. Any ideas here ?
Thanks Fred

Regarding the App Store issue, the most common issue is that the computer's data and time are incorrect (you'd think Microsoft could handle such a thing more gracefully, but...alas...):

1. Check the setting for Date/Time by choosing the Desktop tile and then left click on the date/time in the corner.
  2. Click on change date and time settings. And then verify the time zone is correct as well as the internet time tab has the option to Synchronize with Internet time server.

If that's not it, we can "re-register" the Windows Store app:

1. Click on start and type Powershell.
  2. Right click on the powershell and click on Run as Administrator.
  3. And run the following in a Command Window to re-register:

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

One of those two methods should fix the problem.

The issue with the Windows troubleshooters not downloading usually has to do with a malfunctioning firewall, but there are other possible causes. Try temporarily disabling your security software, and see then if you can get to the troubleshooters. If not, please let me know the text of the error you're seeing.

Thanks, Fred!

Andy, Computer Consultant