I have a list of email addresses (just a list from a

Customer Question
Hi, I have a list...
Hi, I have a list of email addresses (just a list from a previously sent email) that I need to turn into an email group in Apple contacts, or turn into a CSV file. How do I do that?
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: Mail (apple)
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Computer Technician should know?
Customer: or gmail
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
6/3/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 1 year ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there and welcome

Exactly how do you have this list? In which type of file?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
All I have is the list of email addresses in the To: ***** ***** the email that was sent previously

In which email program do you have this in?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
in Mail (apple) or gmail

ok, you mentioned two, which of the two is it please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have it in both. I can use whichever is easier

ok, in Gmail, click and drap over the addresses so they are all selected.

Then press CMD + C

Then open Excel

Press CMD + V to paste the email addresses in

Then you need to repeat in Excel to copy each address into its own cell under each other so you have one column of addresses.

Then choose Save as and choose CSV as the file type

this will then save it as a CSV

Let me know please how you go

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is there no way of doing it all at once? The list is several hundred addresses and will take forever if I have to each one individually.

No sorry, there is no structure to them apart from them being in the TO box, so you have to copy them and then organize them into the format in Excel I explained so they can be saved as a CSV

You can reply as then its a little easier to copy, but there is no way shortcutting it, I checked in both programs and not even in additional once like outlook can you do this.

Richard, Computer Specialist