Josh, Support Specialist
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

I forgot my password. What do I do now. My surface pro won't

Customer Question

I forgot my password. What do I do now. My surface pro won't let me change it without a flash drive, which I don't have. What do I do to use my Surface Pro?
Kathleen Creighton
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Hi Kathleen,

Do you have an administrator account enabled?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I just want to use my Surface Pro, but it won't let me change my password ***** I have a flash drive, which I don't have.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, using a flash drive reset tool is the only option available if you cannot remember your password.

You can take the tablet to a local repair shop who can do it for you or you can purchase a flash drive and install the recovery disk then reset the tablet yourself.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am very dissatisfied. The directions because this is a tablet with no place to inset a "recovery disk" and also I don't have one.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

The recovery disk is put onto a flash drive and inserted into the USB port of the tablet.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does "troubleshoot " mean you will open my Surface Pro so I can use it?
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

I am not sure what you mean by "troubleshooting". There is nothing that can be done via remote services for this issue-- You will need to take the tablet to a local repair shop or you will need to install the recovery information onto a flash drive.

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.