I had purchased A Lenovo S60 in Dubai in june last year. It

Customer Question
Hi!,I had purchased A...
Hi!,I had purchased A Lenovo S60 in Dubai in june last year. It had slowed down and used to hang while trying to accept calls. I tried to factory reset the phone to fix it but it got stuck on reboot . After the time set and wifi set the message says 'unfortunately lenovo setup wizard has stopped working and doesnt proceed further. What can I do now?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
6/1/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Josh, Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Josh, Support Specialist

Hi!

You will need to factory reset the phone again.

1. First of all, hold down the Power key for a short while in order to switch off the device.
  2. After that, press and hold at the same time two buttons: Volume Up + Volume Down for a couple of seconds.
  3. While holding these buttons hold down the Power key for a short while.
  4. Release Power button as soon as the Lenovo logo appears on the screen.
  5. You should keep holding the Volume buttons until the Recovery Mode appears on the screen.
  6. In the next step choose English version of menu.
  7. Afterwards choose the "wipe user data" option.
  8. Then tap "fuse format data" and confirm the whole operation by tapping "Yes".
  9. When the Recovery menu appears again on the screen choose "Reboot" option.
  10. That's all! The hard reset has just been performed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just to add this is a phone and not a computer

I understand. Please read my reply above

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Let me do this now and see if this works.

Okay, thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Was able to proceed as you said. After fuse form data it said cleaning. After that the screen shows 3 options again fuse wipe data fuse formst data and wipe cache. What do i fo nxt. There is no reboot
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What to do if nk reboot option as you mentioned in 9?

Hold down the power button for 15-20 seconds until the phone restarts.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will surely rate you excellent but only once I complete this task. Still waiting for it to turn on after switching off. Bar is halfway through.

Take your time

That is interesting because the "Google Play services" error is usually fixed by performing a factory reset on the phone.

The phone more than likely has hardware failure but the good news is that it is covered under warranty since it is less than a year old. Please call 1-***-***-**** and let them know that your phone is experiencing hardware failure.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Like I mentioned, I will surely do so when I am done. I am currently in Canada and the phone waz purchased in Dubai. I do not have a receipt now. Will they be able to check the sale details without my bill. Or is there a local lenovo adrress in Calgary where I can show it myself. Secondly I can rate you highly but my phone remains unfixed. Am I required to pay even if the problem is not fixed?

It does not matter where the phone was purchased as long as it is within the one year warranty.

The option to rate our session is entirely up to you; I am not credited with helping you unless you rate our session as excellent, good, or ok and press Submit.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Let me call Lenovo and see. Give me dome time

Sounds good.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello Josh the Lenovo guys dont do a phone repair, they have reffered me back to a third party. As much as I appreciate your advice my phone remains unfixed and I may have to go elsewhere locally and pay again to get it fixed. So what do you want me to do now?

The phone is under warranty and will not cost you any money for the repair/replacement.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
but that will end up with me paying without my problem getting fixed. I want to pay but only with my phone getting fixed. Do you have a solution at your end for this now?

The solution that I have provided to have the phone replaced under warranty is the only option available. There should be no charge to have your phone replaced/repaired.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Lenovo says they only do tablet and laptop repair. For phone repair they reffer to third parties where I have to pay. So Iam afraid I dont have a solution yet.

Who is the third party that they are trying to refer you to?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Geek squad or any local vendor on google search

Please call the number back and ask for a transfer to a warranty department. Lenovo makes numerous phones and they would not refer customers to a third party provider when it is covered under their warranty.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok let me try again. Not hopeful from what i heard last time.

I understand.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Curreng reply on contacting was our office is closed please call during working hours

Office hours are 9am-9pm EST

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can you try calling too? I jus did and was told if u know the extension dial it which i dint on holding i got this message. You can cross check. Will be happy to call if tgeg attend

I accessed their live chat for sales and they referred me back to the number that I have provided you but they stated their office is open 9-7pm EST; not the 9-9 listed on the website. Try using the number with option 2 (according to live chat)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Its 9 PM here and probably 11 Pm EST. So does that not confirm that they are closed? While not wanting to deny you your money, i accessed the site while being told I need to pay only if satisfied, which for me translates to my phone getting fixed for the money I pay, which unfortunately bcoz of no ones fault has not happened. I stand by making a payment if Lenovo replaces it. So far they hav just apklogised for nit being able to help, now they are closed. if you say tgey will help. You get what was promised. Otherwise maybe not. I suppose that seems fair.

While I cannot make guarantees for other companies, I have not come across a company that makes a product and does not honor their own warranty.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
From what they have said they back their pc n tablet. A phone does not appear to be a high priority for them from thevreplies they gave me. I hav no reason to wadte time if they were willing to help.

Lenovo makes phones and covers them on their warranty. I would suggest that you give them a call tomorrow.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sure can do that. Wouldnt be happier if they do so. I will stand by what I hav said.

Okay, sounds good.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Josh, Support Specialist