A. Stevens
A. Stevens, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ years of Desktop, Laptop, and Server troubleshooting and support.
71208907

My Lenovo idea pad 500 monitor was in sleep mode and now the

Customer Question

My Lenovo idea pad 500 monitor was in sleep mode and now the monitor doesn't come on. I've rebooted several tumes
JA: Sometimes hardware issues that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Not much else to say, the laptop was in sleep mode now it the monitor doesn't come on. The power button is lit up
JA: Is there anything else the Computer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Hi, and welcome. I'm checking for documentation on this laptop. Can you remove the battery on the laptop?

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Looking at diagrams for this laptop, it seems that you need to remove the base cover to gain access to the battery.

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Typically, to fix this issue, you would first remove the battery from the laptop. hold the Power button down for 60 seconds, press the power button a few time, return the battery to the laptop and try it again.

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Since we can't do that, let me ask you, when you first power on the laptop do you see anything at all on the screen? Or is it always black?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Always black
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Okay, with the computer power on, try to press and hold the windows key and press the letter P twice. Windows Key (hold) + P + P.

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Try that and tell me if anything shows up on the laptop. You may have to try it a few times.