Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I can't print and can't find my printer. I have run the

Customer Question

I can't print and can't find my printer. I have run the trouble shooter, I have uninstalled the driver and reinstalled. I have Windows 10 and an HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium. When I try to add a printer I get the message active domain directory is unavailable.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Computer Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.how is the printer connected to the computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wirelessly
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Michelle - what's next?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
try to power cycle the wireless router and then try to install the printer and let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michelle - I power cycled the wireless router and the printer reconnected. I shut down my computer and it reconnected. However when I go to add a printer I continue to get Active domain directory services not available.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
got it..would you like me to remote connect and check the issue