Nathan, Systems Manager
Experience:  Own/operate computer networking/IT company.
59725966

I bought a used printer and after installing the drivers I

Customer Question

i bought a used printer and after installing the drivers I am getting code 43
Category: Computer
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. What is the make/model of the printer?is the error on the printer itself, or on the computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Brothers DCP 7040 Error 45 on the computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok can i trust you not to try and sell me something
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you still there ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry code 43 not 45
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Computer has stopped this device from printing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you gone
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
No, I'm here, but please reply only once, and give me an opportunity to respond.When you send multiple message, you get lost in the queue and I see none of them.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Do you have the usb connected?What operating system are you using?Where did you get the software/drivers that you used?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
8.1 online
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Okay, well the error code you are getting points to a driver failure.The likely issue is either using the wrong software, or a hardware incompatibility.This is a very old and obsolete model printer. It actually is not officially supported beyond windows XP and windows 7. There is also a fair chance that there is an internal hardware issue in the printer, which may be why it was being sold in the first place. What we'll need to do is uninstall the printer (go to control panel, right click the brother, then Remove Device)Unplug power and usb to the printer, reboot the computerWhen computer comes back up, reinstall using this link: http://download.brother.com/welcome/dlf005313/DCP-7040-inst-win8-A1.EXEWhen prompted during the install, plug power back into the printer, and reconnect the usb.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Do you need more help with this?