Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I am getting an error installing WP OFFICE X3 PRO- says it

Customer Question

i am getting an error installing WP OFFICE X3 PRO- says it cannot find flt39.cab and wants to verify that i can see it and access it. only offers retry and cancel. i checked - the file is there and i can open it in windows explorer- please advise how to get the install to proceed- BIG thanks, Mike
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Mots likely this is a permissions issue, or a UAC issue. if youd like, I can connect to your computer from here and work directly on repairing the issue and getting WP OX3 to install. If im unsuccessful, youd be entitled to a full refund. Ive sent the offer for remote support, once accepted I will send the connection steps. Dustin S.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am logged in as an admin. I dont believe its a UAC issue
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
What you could try and do, is install the take ownership right click context option. This link will show you how http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-take-ownership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/ Then, right click the folder that this file is located in flt39.cab Right click and choose take ownership. Then, right click the WP Office x3 setup / installer file, and run it as an administrator. ( even if you are already logged in as an administrator) Does that fix the issue? I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took ownership of the file and the folder of the sourcefile for install and ran as administrator , with the same negative result. Thank you for your time, however i am terminating this session as incomplete.I will resolve the issue through alternate means. Goodbye.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Ive seen this exact error before multiple times, and that , or a variation usually fixes the issue. Since you dont want to continue, I will opt out. Dustin S
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
try putting it in the same folder as the install file you can also try downloading another copy from this page in case that one is corruptedhttp://www.solvusoft.com/en/files/error-missing-download/cab/windows/corel-corporation/corel-wordperfect-office-x3-professional-edition/page/1/