I need a Domain nameserver switch to a new host... I changed

Customer Question
the A record to a...
I need a Domain nameserver switch to a new host... I changed the A record to a new IP and changed the TXT to the current host. The site has made the switch already, but shows the new host's splash screen rather than the site. There isn't another index file in the directory. What did I miss? This is a Wordpress CMS.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
5/21/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. Thank you for your question. Is the domain correctly added to the new host's dns zone and did you move the site to the new host?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
amigoni.com is the url.... I confirmed before the nameserver change that YES, the site was properly added to the new host. I was able to preview at the IP address.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I know the IP address and TXT file is correct, my tech. guy has used it for other sites... but I am trying this switch myself, my tech guy is not available today.
Do you have access to the bluehost cPanel?
Please login to it and tell me if you see the domain added to it.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nameservers are hosted at a different location, I have that login too...
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
domain added, I can see under the host and with ftp connection
Sine you're only pointing A Record, dns is not necessary. And you have already done the A record, which is why the sitepoints to bluehost. can you take a screen shot and send it to me here
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just changed A record and TXT file50.87.248.162
v=spf1 a mx ptr include:bluehost.com ?all
where did you get the A record from?
do you have any other site hosted on this bluehost cPanel?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the new host - shared IP, I know it is correct. Yes there are several sites at that IP
please type me any other domain name hosted on this cPanel
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
http://cleanplateconsulting.com/
http://kcourhealthmatters.com/
when you access the directory for this domain via BlueHost does it shows any files?
Can you login to BlueHost cPanel and use their file manager to view the directory?
is there a reference to old ip in the wp-config file or htaccess file?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There isn't an htaccess file... should their be? I don't see the IP referenced in the wp-config.php file... attached
Can you delete and re-add the domain?
make sure you have a backup of all the files and databases related to this site.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
when I look at other sites on this host, I don't see an .htaccess file and they are wordpress CMS as well
You may be able to see the .htaccess file via FTP. The . hides the files.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
with FTP I see it under cleanplateconsulting.com... can I just use that one?# ***** WordPressRewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]# ***** WordPress
No, show me the one for the site in question.
Please show me the .htaccess content for the amigoni domain.
Okay. In this case, copy the .htaccess file from the other domain, to this amigoni domain.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
done, but no... that didn't work. This is what is in the htaccess file (below)... I did correctly add the period in front of the file on the server ( attached screenshot again )# ***** WordPressRewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
takes a little for the .htaccess to take effect.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
oh ok!
BUT if this doesn't work, then the best way would be to delete the site, and re-add it. Once done, create a sample file in the directory to see if it can be accessed from the web, and if it is accessible, then copy the wordpress files back. A quick way, to do this would be to just rename the directory to something like amigoni.com.old, and then delete the domain from the cPanel. Then re-add it, create a sample test file, test.txt and and test. if it's good, move the amigoni.com.old's contents into the amigoni.com's folder or rename the newly created amigoni.com to amigoni.com.new and the old one to amigoni.com.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
whew ok... but, why could I see the site working under the IP address?http://50.87.248.162/~daziumd1/amigoni.com/index.php
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do see that navigation takes you to a 404 error... http://50.87.248.162/~daziumd1/amigoni.com/our-wines/
You installed the site using the ipaddress/username? before you added it?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK... that is a good question... checking
Looks like: You added the directory manually, moved the site and then added the domain. When you do this, the directory is treated as part of the default. So what you should be doing now is, delete the amigoni.com and re-add it so it can be properly configured in the zone file for amigoni.com
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it is up
Cool. What did you do?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the apache server just needed to have the domain "assigned"
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
done!
exactly, just wrote that answer above. and if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking the star icon on the top right, that will be greatly appreciated.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
but I didn't have to upload files again... but thanks for your help!!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Total cost $40... I hope you get most of that.
you figured it out. And, if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking the star icon on the top right of this page, that will be highly appreciated.