Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Certificate Course In Computer Maintenance
15197395

I am getting a Pxe-E61 error when booting up my computer

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
"Pxe-E61 error " it means your PC is trying to boot from the network. This can only happen if the PC is boot from network and the network cable is loose, but if your computer is not booted from network and has a hard drive then, this error indicate that motherboard is not able to detect the hard drive anymore and that is why it is trying to boot from the Network and as the PC is booted from hard drive, it is not booting and showing this error message. Now, if this is a desktop PC then, the cable of the hard drive can be loose or defective. If this is a laptop then, the hard drive seems to be defective or damaged. In that case, there is no option left except replacing the hard drive. If this whole answer is going over your head and wants a answer is layman words then, let me know and I will explain it in more simple words.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I get the data from my hardrive as this is my work computer
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
Is this a desktop or laptop ?