I have a hp envy laptop/tablet, I was able to use my password

Customer Question
***** Sunday, but yesterday it...
I have a hp envy laptop/tablet, I was able to use my password ***** Sunday, but yesterday it would not let me type but one or maybe 2 characters in the password ***** and it just sat there. I have been using windows 10, but it originally came with windows 8
JA: Good tech support is often the difference between a quick fix and many sleepless nights. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Computer Technician should know?
Customer: I believe on Sunday evening there was a Microsoft message that said do not turn off your computer there was a problem, but I did turn it off and now can't do anything. Could I have picked up a bug, I did load a used game cd that I bought?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
5/10/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Rylan Sharpe, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 year ago
Rylan Sharpe
Rylan Sharpe, Computer Hardware Engineer
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you with your question. At this point, are you able to log into the computer? Does it freeze at the password *****?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes
Does the mouse move when you cannot type?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry I am work and had to do some work
My computer automatically comes up to the password ***** and I see nothing else but 3 icons in the lower right hand corner. Would it be better if I contact you when I am at home late tonight or tomorrow morning? Do you have any suggestions that I could try when I get home?
No need to apologize. I completely understand. What I would like to test is to make sure this is not a hardware issue. So, need to know if the mouse works when you cannot type. Also, is the fan running loud or anything else that could be related. Lets try to unplug the network cable and anything else that is plugged in and have only the basics.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The mouse does work, I can click on one of the icons I spoke about. The fan is running but not loudly.
okay. is this a laptop or desktop?
Sorry, just noticed that you already answered that. I am also interested if it could be a keyboard/hardware issue. Do you have a USB keyboard that we can test?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Laptop that I can stand up.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't anymore, but maybe I could borrow one from someone tonight.
Okay. That would help us. So, unplug everything else, turn off wireless (if you can) and see if that helps. If not, then lets try another keyboard.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok I will do that tonight when I get home. So will that be considered my second session with you? How do I know how much will be charged to my visa every time?
Same session, just come back to this conversation window. I am not 100% sure what time I will be available, but I will respond as soon as I can each time.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok so is the current charge put through now or tonight or whatever we continue? I need to pay my husband. So is $39.00 correct?
The current charge will continue for this same issue until we figure out the problem. I am unable to see the charge, but I think you should be able to see it if you login to justanswer's account.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Until later. Thank you. I will use this same conversation. Thank you
You are more than welcome. Chat later. Thank you.
Rylan Sharpe
Rylan Sharpe