My canon mp160 is showing an error code 27 and doesn't seem

Customer Question
to respond to any of...
my canon mp160 is showing an error code 27 and doesn't seem to respond to any of the buttons. I can't find the error code in my instruction booklet
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: alarm light is blinking and it is showing error code 27 but i can't find it in the instruction booklet and none of the buttons are responding so i can't figure out what is wrong
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Computer Technician should know?
Customer: nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
5/8/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Shefin, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Shefin, Computer Support Specialist
Hello!Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today. Are you getting error 27 following E. E.g. E, 2, 7? Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
E 2 7
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
just shows error code 27
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hello any body there
Hello! Please try the following and let me know the response. Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there. Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
still doesn't work
Hi, Clearing procedures for E27 or Error 27 Code for Canon Printer: With the printer powered off but connected to a power source, press the Power button while pressing and holding the Stop/ Reset button.* When the Power is lit, press the Stop/Reset button two times while pressing and holding the Power button.* When releasing the Power button and the Stop / Reset button (regardless of order), the printer will move into a service mode. (Waiting for menu selection)* When the on/off lights in green, press the Stop/Reset button the specified number of time(s) according to the function listed in the table below.(Each time the Stop/Reset button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in orange and green, starting with orange.)note: press 4 times for waste ink counter reset.The number of the Reset button pressing LED Function Remarks0 time Green Power off1 time Orange Service pattern print (auto teste)2 times Green EEPROM print (dados da EEPROM)3 times Orange EEPROM reset (EEPROM reset)4 times Green Waste ink counter reset (Absorvente reset)* Turn off the printer.( it must be turn off) then turn it on again. Note:This is actually a very easy fix. Two absorber pads are located on the right side of the printer, under the ink cartridges. With the printer on, lift the top to expose the cartridges. They will automatically move out of the way. You can move them to the left side by hand if the printer is not on. You will probably need a flashlight to see the pads. They each sit in a rubber retainer. The pads can be removed very easily and cleaned. Take the pads out of the retainers with tweezers. They clean up nicely with warm water but you can use something like Simple Green if they are stubborn. It is best to use a spray bottle (on stream) and blast it through the pad until it is white. Sometimes just putting it under a running faucet will do the trick. If there is ink in the rubber retainer after taking the pad out, it can be cleaned up with a paper towel. Put the pads back into the retainers and you have successfully cleaned the ink absorbers. Now you may have to reset the error message so you can get back to printing. This is how to do it. If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!Thank you!S H E F I N
Shefin, Computer Support Specialist