Can somebody post information on my google+ account without

Customer Question
my okay? I don't know...
Can somebody post information on my google+ account without my okay? I don't know that I ever set up an account but I find it in a search. How does that work?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/7/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Robert M., Consultant replied 1 year ago
Robert M., Consultant
How do you know that it is yours ?If it matches your gmail address than it is yours. But it is much more likely that you set it up without knowing that you did.Android phones will often set it up if you dont tell it not to when it asks if you want to back up pictures for example. And it can then pull your information from your phone and from many apps on your phone. If your phone contact list was merged with gmail or facebook for instance it can pull that information.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't know it was mine. I was like to delete it but I deleted all of my gmail accounts and I do not know which one the account was connected to. I am afraid because somebody posted horrible slander against me on mylife.com and I didn't find out about it for 3 months. So I now do not know how to delete the google+ account and I do not want anyone posting on it but I don't even know if they can (if I have not given them the okay.) As far as you know can anyone post anything on the account without my okay or would they have to be my "friend"?
they would need to have your password ***** post in your google plusbut if they are on your friends list and they share one of their posts it will show up on your wall.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
However if I never approved them for my friends they cannot post on my google+ account, correct?
No. But it might pick up on stuff in your contact list from gmail. or again if you did something on your phone to allow them to see a photo album or if you accepted an invitation from them to do something like that.
It is late here and i am going to leave for the day. But i will be here tomorrowIf you want to pay a little bit extra i can get you my phone number and i can log in remotely to look at what you are looking at and be able to give you a better idea of what you are seeing and how to deal with it.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have no contact list so I have nothing to worry about there, correct? It is possible to hack into my phone but that is all, correct? I do not believe anyone I know is advanced enough to do that so I should be safe about slander on that site unlike I was on mylife.com, correct?
it depends on whether it is really your account or not. it is possible for somebody to create one with your name and they would have complete access to it. But no they would not have your contact list. If it is actually your account your best bet would be to get the password ***** shut it down. if it is somebody impersonating you that is a little bit tougher because google is not good with that sort of thing. they ask you to report it to ic3 and they will cooperate with themhttp://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx But to answer your question no it is nowhere near as public as mylife would be. You would have to know the address and be invited to see anything on it. You cant just browse pages to see it.
If that information was helpful i would really appreciate if you would click the stars or smily face to give me an excellent rating Your rating is the only way that i can receive credit from this site for my time. If you need more i will be happy to help you tomorrow. Even after you rate me i will still help for no extra charge on this same question if you have additional questions. thank you.
Robert M., Consultant