I use Eudora version 7.1.09 with Windows 10

Customer Question
. I needed a printed...
I use Eudora version 7.1.09 with Windows 10 . I needed a printed TOC list from one mailbox. I used Edit ... Select all .... Copy ... and then pasted into Word 2013. The paste was successful. Howevtr, now the TOC list is missing from this particular mailbox. The messages are still there, accessible with the UP or DOWN green arrows. The TOC is visible in all of the other mailboxes. Suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/3/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Cody, Senior Systems Administrator replied 1 year ago
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator
What is TOC?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Table of Contest - e.g list of all sent and received e-mails which have been transferred to a given mailbox
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Table of Contents - misspelled, supra
Alright, I'll see if another tech is able to help you out with this.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sounds good. Thank you.
Tech Support Specialist: Eric Ewing, IT Pro replied 1 year ago
Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience: I am a technology professional with 18 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).
Hi! Let's try this:1. QUIT Eudora. Do Not Leave Eudora running.2. Open the directory that Eudora is installed in.3. Find the .MBX and .TOC files for the mailbox that used to have your mail. For example, if the mail is missing from your In mailbox, look for the files in.mbx and in.toc.4. Make backup copies of the .MBX and .TOC files right now. Move them into another safe directory – such as your Desktop. Make absolutely sure that you’ve made a backup copy of the files.5. Back in your Eudora directory, delete the .TOC file for the corrupted mailbox. Do not delete the .MBX file – only the .TOC file. For example, if the mail is missing from your In mailbox, delete the in.toc file from the Eudora directory. Do not delete the In.mbx.6. Now start Eudora and open the corrupted mailbox. It may give you an error message that the mailbox needs to be rebuilt – tell it to create a new table of contents.Does that bring your TOC back?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello, Eric: I followed the steps exactly as suggested. When I got to number 6, there was no error message, and no apparent way to ask for the TOC to be rebuilt. The mailbox showed only the most recent e-mail which had been transferred into it. Please advise. Thank you.
Eudora will automatically make back up copies of the In and Out mailboxes; we should be able to rebuild your Mailbox using these backup files. You can locate these in the same directory as the In mailbox files (In.mbx and In.toc). These files are discernable by the .001 and .002 extensions. To restore these files for any reason, simply rename these file pairs (In.mbx.001 and In.toc.001, etc..) so that they do not have the same name as the Original In mailbox (In.mbx and In.toc) and then restart Eudora.We suggest something like Old In 1.mbx Old In 1.toc and Old In 2.mbx and Old In 2.toc, removing the .001 and .002 extensions from Each File Pair.When you launch Eudora you will find the Old In 1 and Old In 2 mailboxes in the list with your regularly listed mailboxes. These will contain the Most Recently backed up info from the original mailbox.If this procedure does not work, it would indicate that your Mailbox is irreparably corrupted. Please give the above steps a shot, and let us know what happens!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hi, Eric: The third paragraph, supra says:"We suggest something like Old In 1.mbx Old In 1.toc and Old In 2.mbx and Old In 2.toc, removing the .001 and .002 extensions from Each File Pair."
Should this read:
"We suggest something like Old In 1.mbx and Old In 1.toc and Old In 2.mbx and Old In 2.toc, removing the .001 and .002 extensions from Each File Pair." ? Adding one "and" ?
Apologies for the error. Yes, it should.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This solution did not work. I am dissatisfied. Although you told me the mailbox was "irreparably corrupted " , I managed to fix this myself. I do not agree to pay the $40.00 balance. I have lodged a complaint with Amex. Do not bill me again.
I'm glad you found a solution which worked for you! I will escalate this Q&A to our customer service team to process a refund for you.
Andy, Computer Consultant