GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

I can't send email in aol with an attachment it says it encountered

Customer Question

I can't send email in aol with an attachment it says it encountered a technical issure
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: tell you more like what?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Computer Technician should know?
Customer: I have two word docs I have atttached and can't send in aol
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. There is a possibility that the documents are too large to be sent via email. Have you tried sending them one at a time to see if that helps? if that still doesn't work can you let me know the size of the file please?
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
I just checked and found that the largest piece of e-mail that an AOL member can receive from or send to the Internet is 25 Megabytes. If your two files together are more than 25 MB in size, try sending them separately. If each one is more than 25 mb then you will need to convert them to a pdf that will be smaller in size, or split into 2 separate.files. The 25 MB limit includes the message text, headers and the attachment combined. This size cannot be configured by the Member, or adjusted by the Postmaster Team.If the information that I have provided has helped, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!