Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I need to map a network drive application run through

Customer Question

I need to map a network drive for an application run through Citrix. It is not a client drive, but a drive the application needs to access to access the database
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello,I am the person that will be helping you today.Which version of Windows or Mac OS are you using on the computer?I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.Thank you,Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the server is Windows 2008R2, Clients are either Windows 7 or 10. Citrix XENAPP 6.5
Thank you for the clarification. Are you wanting to map the drive to the server or to the clients? Please, elaborate on what specifically you need help with.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have an application I want to serve up through Citrix. The application needs to access a directory on a database server. The CItrix server is named ODFXA2 and the mapped drive needs to point to odf0303-iqs\iqs.
I do not understand. Are you having any issues creating the mapped drive? Are you needing to do this on the Citrix Server or on the client computers?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On the Citrix server if possible.
Thank you for the update. May I start a secure remote assistance session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? When the remote session begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't built the application yet. I was just trying to find a procedure to do the mapping. I will just create the mapping on the clients and have Citrix map the clients network drive.
In that case, you can simply create the new drive mapping by following the instructions below. 1.On the XenApp server, launch Advanced Configuration (the new name for the Presentation Server Console), then from Policies either create a new policy or amend an existing policy.2.Select the policy and choose Properties > Client Devices > Resources > Drives > Mappings.3.Set Mappings to Enabled.4.Ensure Turn off Remote drives is cleared.5.Click OK. You can create the drive mappings there. Does that make sense?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have Advanced Configuration.. I have Citrix Appcenter I don't see a setting called Client Devices > Resources > Drives > Mappings
I have run out of ideas.For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.Thank you for your patience. - Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please cancel this question.