Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I'm trying to reimage an older gateway windows 7 machine. When

Customer Question

I'm trying to reimage an older gateway windows 7 machine. When I run the software, it wont allow me to select restore, only exit as an option.
This computer failed when I installed W10. I took it for a startup test. I was told the video card was defective. I've replaced the video card, but, now I can' effect a restore to factory defaults using my gateway recovery disks. I've attempted this with 2 different hard drives a 1TB and a 3TB drive.[
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Question.. Are you able to log into windows 10 currently? What happens if you try to start the computer without the recovery disks?