How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Eric Ewing Your Own Question
Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Category: Computer
Satisfied Customers: 211
Experience:  I am a technology professional with 18 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).
Type Your Computer Question Here...
Eric Ewing is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I submitted my Federal Taxes on line. They were rejected. I

Customer Question

I submitted my Federal Taxes on line. They were rejected. I have corrected the problem. How do I submitt them by e-file again?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mark! My name is ***** ***** I am an independent technology expert who's been paired with you through It is my pleasure to assist you today.According to IRS regulations, you cannot e-File your amended tax return: you used tax preparation software to complete your amended return, that software will walk you through printing your amended return and will provide the mailing address of the correct IRS service center to which it will need to be mailed.If you are expecting money back, the IRS will mail you a check after filing your amended return; unfortunately, direct deposit won't be an available option to you. If you owe the IRS money, you will be happy to know (ha!) that they still accept all payment methods -- including electronic ones. Sigh.Hope that helps, even though the news wasn't what you were hoping for!