My lenovo yoga 3 pro won't turn on. the charging light turns

Customer Question
on when the adapter is...
My lenovo yoga 3 pro won't turn on. the charging light turns on when the adapter is connected and the light on the power button turns on for a second when pressed, but that's it. I've already tried turning it on with the charger plugged in and the battery taken out, taking the battery out and holding the button for 50 seconds, and taking the battery out and turning it off and on 10 times then holding it down for 30 seconds. Do you have any idea of what else to do or is it broken
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
4/17/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. When you press power, whether just the battery is connected, or just the power cord is connected. How many times do the lights flash? Also, do you hear any noises in the machine such as fans or hard drives trying to spin or turn on?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no noises. the light just flashes once each time i press it. If i hold it down, while the charger is plugged in, the charging light goes out, then orange, then back to white
Thank you, before we try anything can you tell me roughly how old the Lenovo Is ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
1 year
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
this obviously isn't the computer that won't turn on, so securely connecting won't really help
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
and actually, when i hold my ear up to the back, it does make a small whining noise when i press the power button
Please ignore the automated system offer for a secure connection, you are correct. Theres no way I could connect and fix this issue. When you say one year, is it over or under 1 year old?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i think a few months over one
Thats unfortunate.. Y our past lenovos warranty unless you purchased an extended warranty, For good measure though, can you locate the serial number for your lenovo and send it to me.. Thank you, *****
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I know it is out of warranty, that is why we opened it up. Does that mean you can't help? serial number is *****
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If you can't help me, please just tell me know so i can get my refund
Im asking about the warranty because if you can eliminate or reduce the potential repair cost, I wouldnt be doing my job if I didnt look into that. If we cant get anything going and it comes down to replacing the motherboard or the Dc board, then id suggest calling lenovo and seeing about getting your warranty extended or upgraded for another year. That should be much cheaper then replacing the board 1-855-2-LENOVO With t hat being said, lets try a few things. what Id like to do is remove and reseat your ram.. Im researching currently to see if thats possible with your system.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's been over an hour. You can't replace the RAM, it's soldered in, a fact I confirmed in less than a minute. Can you please just technically give an answer so i can get my five bucks back
Why would I give an answer so you can then get your 5$ back? If you dont want further suggestions, I can send you a refund link now.. As far as not being able to replace the ram, thats correct.. Though you can replace the board the ram is on, and you can replace the dc power board, what ive been referencing is the replacement document for the yoga 2, locating the yoga 3 pro replacement document has proved difficult. Before I spend any more time researching this, let me know if you want a refund or not. Thank you, *****
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
yes, please send me a refund link
Here is the link as requested, http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund D.S
Andy, Computer Consultant