Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

I have windows vista home premium 32bit sp1 & internet explorer

Customer Question

i have windows vista home premium 32bit sp1 & internet explorer can not open any web pages at all, i can still get on the internet but can't go to any web pages and sometimes google pops up & says error 404??? i tried to download enternet exployer new version and it would not download stated my system is outdated how do i fix that????? do i need a new p-c??????
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 1 year ago.
Are you able to browse to websites using Firefox? And are you talking to me from the same computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i can browse with firefox and am on the same computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i can browse with firefox & am on the same computer
I sent request for remote service. Please accept it then follow steps here to connect with me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont wanna be charged extra $26.
Okay. When you open internet explorer, what do you get?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i get a tab then internet explorer says it can not show this web page it does no matter were i try to go, some times google pops up & says error 404
Hold the Windows Key and Press R. Type inetcpl.cpl and Click OK. Go to Advanced tab, choose Reset, put a check on delete personal settings, click reset again. and then test.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it also said that my systems is outdated when i tried to download chrom & internet explorer
Please follow the instructions i sent, and let me know what happens then.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorrry that did not work i tried internet explorer/checked all & came up with http can not be found,requested url was not found on this server,google error 404 internet explorer can not open the internet site operation aborted,did your tes & could not find a check mark for personal settings everything else poped like it was suppose to??????????
I beleive, the best way to move forward with this issue is via remote. Because, the issue you're experience is something that requires troubleshooting. If you don't want remote, i can opt out and open the question to other experts.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
let's put the ? to the other experts & see what they say
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com.My name is ***** ***** will be helping you today..From what i have read about your issue, from the previous expert, it sounds like you have more problems than just a web browser issue. Honestly it sounds like you might possibly have a virus or malware.Considering you have Windows Vista (which is kind of old, and VERY unsecure) I would advise on really REALLY thinking about getting a new computer setup.YOu can use some of the old parts form your old computer, but not much. Honestly you can get a newer nice PC for around 300-500, that will last you another 5-7 years.Keep in mind that a PC (if neglected) will only last about 3-5 years. And a well kept PC will only last 5-7 years.