My laptop tried to do the updates but then said it couldn't

Customer Question
complete them and that it's...
My laptop tried to do the updates but then said it couldn't complete them and that it's undoing the changes. It's been stuck on that screen for the last 8 hours and I can't access anything.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
4/1/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 1 year ago
Richard, Computer Specialist
Hi there and welcomeCan you please remove the power cable to the Laptop then hold the power button down for 60 seconds then release.Then connect the charger, turn on the Laptop and tell me how it now operates please.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did what you suggested and it went right back to the same screen.
Tech Support Specialist: IT Miro, Computer Scientist replied 1 year ago
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Hello! My name is***** am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.Please tell me which Windows version is installed on your laptop.It could be:- Windows XP- Windows Vista- Windows 7- Windows 8 / 8.1- Windows 10Thanks,IT Miro
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Windows 8.1
Thanks for the information! Please restart the laptop and then let me know what you see. Do you see the start screen or something else?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It goes right to the blue screen that says unable to finish the updates/undoing the changes. It has said it's restarting a couple times but then it goes back to the undoing changes
In that case, you will need to use a Windows disc to run the repair. Do you have a Windows disc?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No
There is a way to create a Windows 8.1 disc for free, using another computer that is able to access the Internet and burn a blank DVD. Let me know if you can use another computer to do that.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't have another computer to use to create one
Alternative is to reset the laptop to factory defaults which will re-install Windows, but also remove everything on the laptop. If you would like to proceed with that, I can provide the instructions.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sure
OK. Let me know the make and model of your laptop.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's an HP notebook 15
You can access the HP Recovery Manager to restore the default settings. To do that, restart your laptop and while it is powering on, keep pressing the F11 key. It will bring the HP Recovery Manager menu. First check if the Microsoft System Restore option is available there. It can restore Windows settings to an earlier point in time when all worked fine, for example, few days ago. If that option isn't listed, or doesn't work, proceed with the full factory restoration which will restore Windows to a working state. In some cases, there is an option to create a backup of your personal data, so if you see it, select it. The restoration may take up to 30 minutes, so wait until it has finished. If you encounter problems, let me know. Regards,IT Miro
Hello again! I am following up with you to check if you were able to access the HP Recovery Manager to restore the computer to a working state. Let me know,IT Miro
Hi there and welcomeOriginal expert here. Can you please power off the computer hold the LEFT Shift key and with it held, start the computer and keep tapping F8 until you get to a menu. Try this a few times as it can be tricky and once there, let me know please.
Hello! Could you please confirm if you were able to restore your computer to a working state by following my instructions, or you still require assistance with the original problem, so either me or Richard can continue assisting you? Thanks,IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist