Somehow our computer stopped being able to type text, this

Customer Question
Hello,Somehow our computer stopped being...
Hello,Somehow our computer stopped being able to type text, this has happened several times now. Is someone turning the text off or is there some other problem? Thank you. Running Windows 10
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/30/2016
Tech Support Specialist: 3pop Technology, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
3pop Technology
3pop Technology, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there! I'd like to try to help you with this problem. Do you happen to be using a wireless keyboard with this computer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No but the computer is on wireless

Do you lose the ability to type in text *everywhere* or only in a certain program?

Does the ability to type return by itself or do you have to intervene somehow (by rebooting or unplugging and plugging the keyboard back in for example)?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can't type anywhere, I had to turn off the computer and this morning it turned on when I switched from AOL Safe-Central to Windows Desktop and then back.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you there

Yes, I'm here. AOL SafeCentral huh? That's an interesting product. Does your loss of typing ability seem to be related to your use of AOL SafeCentral in any way? (I'm reading about that product now.)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
NO it started before I got the software
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
At least I think it did

Do you have a different keyboard that you could connect to the computer so that we can test to see if it's just something wrong with the existing keyboard?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is there any technical problem that might be doing this before I start changing everything?

It's hard to say without having a hands on look at your computer. I can provide you with an invite to a secure remote assistance session if you'd like me to give it a good once over before you switch keyboards. If it *is* a problem with the actual keyboard though there wouldn't be any way for me to tell for sure unless the keyboard were swapped out.

I'll send you the invite and you can accept it if you'd like me to have a look.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No we are not interested in a remote.
Isn't there a way to turn off and on the keyboard?

I'm not aware of any keyboard on/off switch unless there's one specific to the model of computer you have. Now that I think about it, I may have seen a keyboard lock on a laptop here and there, but how they're activated is just based on the individual computer.

Would you perhaps like to setup a time where we can work on this together? We're a little out of sync and I don't want to cause any delays for you. Would sometime between 1 and 3 PM Central or 7 and 11 PM Central today work for you?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry couldn't do it yesterday, when is another time good for you?

Anytime Tuesday, 5 Apr 2016 between 10 AM and 3 PM works for me. If that doesn't work for you then please propose a new time. Thanks!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry just got your message this evening 4/6/16
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It does not appear that we are going to be able to communicate, would you please repost our question so we can resolve this issue.Thank you.
Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Im not sure if you still needed help with this issue or not. If you do still need help, Can you respond and include the full name b rand and model of your printer.

Thank you,

Dustin S.

Andy, Computer Consultant