Received an HP Pavillion Notebook as gift two years ago but

Customer Question
Hi - received an...
Hi - received an HP Pavillion Notebook as gift two years ago but have not used it. Forgot password ***** opening product up at that time, and am missing adaptor. Please advise on adaptor to purchase and how I can get in with a new password.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
3/20/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Is the adapter you need the power adapter that plugs in to an electrical outlet?

Is there a label on the bottom of the laptop that gives you a model number?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No model number listed - label says HP Protectsmart on the back, and Pavillion on the front label. The adaptor would have to be plugged into an electrical outlet
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
In looking over some of the packaging, I see HP Pavilion dv9000 Entertainment PC listed - could that be a model number?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is anyone there?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am exiting this program - it appears no one is here to assist me as I am not getting any information. I authorized $5.00 only on my credit card and will not be responsible for any amount over the $5.00 since no one is assisting me.

Hi. I am here. Thanks for the model number. I just want to be clear that

it is the power adapter that you need?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You cannot connect to my device because I can't turn it on without an adaptor to plug it in to an electrical outlet.

I assumed that. Once you get the power adapter I'll be able to get you back in to the laptop.

First things first. You need power to get this process started.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, I will purchase the adaptor then contact you to help me get into the laptop since I no longer have the password

Great. I'll be here to help when you're ready.

You'll have email from JustAnswer in your inbox. Please save them as they contain a link

that will return you to this page when you're ready to proceed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you Byron. Just to make sure - this transaction is not complete and I will not be charged the $40.00 until after I get back to you, is that correct?

I don't work in billing but that's the way I understand it to work.

You can call customer support at 1.***-***-**** for clarification.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We won't know until I purchase one and try it - how else will I know? Unfortunately there is very little information listed on this laptop and since this was a x-mas gift from 2 years ago, I am missing paperwork, packaging info, etc.

The adapter in the link I provided is for your model laptop. I have no reason to believe it wouldn't work.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok - we cannot go any further until I purchase an adaptor - at that time I will contact you again for further assistance in getting into the laptop w/out knowing previous password ***** at that time I will be very willing to pay in full as I will have been assisted. Thank you Byron, hope I get you when I get back to this site. Maria

As long as you use the link in the JustAnswer email to return to this page you will reach me.

Please don't open a new question as that will generate new charges.

When you leave a reply on this page I'm notified via email.

Andy, Computer Consultant