Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

Windows 10 missing protocols

Customer Question

windows 10 missing protocols
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

Do you know WHICH protocols are missing by chance?

Have you done all your windows updates for windows 10?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all windows have been updated. When I place my router to the modem error message is one or more protocols missing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
window socket registry entries required for network connectivity are missing

Have you tried to RESET your Winsock settings?

.

1. Press Windows key on the keyboard, On the search field type Command prompt. Right click on Command prompt and click on run as an administrator.

2. Click yes on User Account Control prompt. .

3. Type netsh Winsock reset in the prompt and press enter.

This command will reset the Winsock, if you get any error message while resetting, please provide me the details.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have used your command to reset still the answer is one or more protocols are missing

okay, what type of machine do you have?

By that, i mean....what is the make and model of your computer?

If it is a custom built, then i need to know your network adaptor make and models instead.

.

You may be missing certain info for your network adaptors, due to Windows 10.

Did you UPGRADE to Win10? Or....did this machine COME WITH Win10?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hp parvilion p2 1124 desktop
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no upgraded when windows sent an email to update to windows 10
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I pulled the BELOW info from HP's support site, and they are basically saying.....That the way you are supposed to get all your drivers that HP tests to officially work on Windows 10, is from the Windows Update tool. If after using the Windows UPdate tool, and your computer is still not performing properly, you are now at a crossroads......GO BACK to your previous OS (Windows 8, or Windows 7) .....or....WAIT until there is a driver/fix/patch/SOMETHING TO FIX THE ISSUE.

Thank you HP for being so ready for windows 10.

See the issue is, that when this computer was made.....Windows 10...did NOT exist....and therefore could never be 100% fully tested BEFORE being released. So....my suggestion....if the issue you are having (WinSock Error issues) are not allowing you to use your ocmputer fully.....is to GO BACK to your previous OS. After all, its really not the end of the world......the previous OS is tested to be 100% fully workable......so, stick with it.

.

Info FROM HP Site....and image taken to prove.

For computers sold after August 2013 with compatible hardware, HP has tested and approved specific software and drivers to support Windows 10.

If your computer is not tested by HP or software and drivers are not available on the HP site for Windows 10, use Windows Update in Windows 10 to get the latest software and drivers. HP and the other hardware manufacturers of components in your computer will release updated software and drivers in Windows Update when they are tested and approved.

Note:

HP does not guarantee the functionality or availability of drivers and software in Windows Update.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for all the information but none was helpful. I have corrected the issue by purchasing a new computer. I also would like a refund