Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I recently switched to Windows 10. I downloaded a tax

Customer Question

Hi. I recently switched to Windows 10. I downloaded a tax preparing program that I have used for the past 3 years but, this time I ran into some data imputing problems with the and thought the program was somehow corrupted. I decided to uninstall the program and then download the program again. I accessed the Control Panel's Programs and Features and tried to uninstall the errant program but I got the message "there is a problem with this installer package. A program required for this to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor." I contacted the company that provided the tax software and after several go-arounds they suggested that I would have to restore my computer. In order to do this I would have to set up a restore point at a time before the program was downloaded. How do I protect/save the programs I wish to keep that have been downloaded after the restore point date?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

You cannot sorry, A restore will remove it. But try this please.

Download revo uninstaller from my link below

www.revouninstaller.com

run this program and within this program try to uninstall the problem program as this should uninstall it.

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results please.