I can't get into my AOL internet I received a notice that an…

Customer Question
I can't get into...

I can't get into my AOL internet I received a notice that an error occured while loading a file

Technician's Assistant: Good tech support is often the difference between a quick fix and many sleepless nights. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

My computer was fine Saturday, when I turned on to use it on Sunday I got an error message came up that an error occured while loading a file.. also in the message said that AOL would try to fix problem,which never happened

Technician's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Computer Technician should know?

I am telling you all I know,I am not a computer savy person.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
3/7/2016
Tech Support Specialist: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

My name is*****'m a certified computer professional with 15 years of experience. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

I'd like to try to walk you through what needs to be done by providing detailed instructions here. Let’s begin by going to https://i.aol.com/account/password/start. There you will need to enter your username, which is often the same as your aol email address.

You'll also need to complete the captcha (type in the letters and or numbers that you see in the box below) where you entered your user id/email. Then click next.

Next you'll see a screen where you can type in your cell phone number and have a code sent to your phone. If you still have access to the same cell phone number that you used when you setup the account, then type in that phone number and press next. If you do not have access to that phone number, click on More Verification Methods. Next click beside Answer Security Questions.

Complete the questions and click next. You will then see a screen where you can type in a new password. You will need to type it in twice, then click next. You should see a message on the next page that your password ***** been reset! Please take a moment to update your phone number on this page and to add a second email account. This information will be used to help you regain access to your account if you ever lose it again.

If you'd like, I can perform these steps for you , and have sent an offer for Premium Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, but need more help, we can continue here.

If this information that I have provided has been helpful to you, kindly take a moment to rate my service. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. If you need more help, please let me know so we can continue to work together. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!