I have a samsung note 10.1 2014 tablet. changed battery now…

Customer Question
I have a samsung note...
I have a samsung note 10.1 2014 tablet. changed battery now the unit will not power up battery has about 3.5 volts no voltage at the mother board connector with the battery plugged in
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
3/7/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Michelle, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

connect the charger and then check the voltage output of the charger is it should produce 3.8 volts to 3.11 v.

Do I connect the charger to the tablet

yes and the tab cover should be opened to check the voltage.

The battery when disconnected has 3.9 volts when I connect it to the motherboard plug there is only a trace of voltage .2 how can u connect to the tablet if it won't power up

Please make sure the charger is good and producing proper voltage to charge the samsun note battery.

Are u there or not
Are u there michelle

Hi, let me know what time you could be online so that i will make sure i am online too. let me know the date and time. Thanks.

How about today about 1.00 pm eastern
Time

can we continue right now

Ok

have you checked the voltage after connecting the battery to the phone and then connect the ac adapter and then power on the ac adapter and then check the voltage at the terminal connection point.

This is a tablet not a phone

i am sorry i know that.

have you tried the steps i gave?

No matter what I try the voltage between the red and black pair of wires is almost 0 with the battery unplugged there is continuity at the motherboard plug battery reads 3.9 volts unplugged help

Do you think the charger is good, do you have another working charger.

If the battery is reading 4 volts how come I don't see it when I connect it there is no reading at the mother board pins I have two charged batteries charger is good as I charge my note 4 phone with it

use a charged battery install it to the note and the power it on and let me know if it powers on or not.

It does not power on should there be voltage present at the mother board connector pins

absolutely there has to be voltage flowing on the motherboard if the connector is good and the voltage is not deteected after knowing that the battery is fully charged in that case the board is bad and it need a professional repair technician who will be able to identify the bad component and replace it to make the tab work again.

Do the two ribbon connectors the lcd connector and the other one affect the voltage at the mother board connector I have to be leaving now we can continue around 12.30 ok

we can continue tomorrow same time.

Ok 1000 tomorrow

alright, post me a message and i will be online.

Hi michelle I got delayed can't keep appt will advise ok

let me know what would be the next good time and i will be online accordingly