My sons yahoo account works on the computer or when you sign…

Customer Question
My sons yahoo account works...
My sons yahoo account works on the computer or when you sign in but can't add to phones and we were able to before. It says it's an age problem and he's 13. Help!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
3/7/2016
Tech Support Specialist: James K., Consultant replied 2 years ago
James K., Consultant

Hello My name is James

Welcome to Just Answer

Are you trying to add it as an Email account ?

or open it in a browser ?

I am adding it as a mail account yes.

Perfect thanks whats is the make of the phone

iPhone 5s

Thanks ,

When you signed up for Yahoo account did you create a family account ?

Did you use the correct age for your Child with them been 13

Do you have another yahoo , you can test the set up with , Yahoo uses Imap and set up is just entering your Email and Password *****

If you can sign in on the PC you can check the profile and Age that has been entered in profile

I set it up before he was 13 so I bet that was the problem. I want to change the age. How do I do that? Although I can get it on our computer just can't add it on the phone his and mine and we were able to before?

Correct However there is an Easy Way round this

Firstly the reason it wont work is as you have said

You also can't access under 13 accounts on a mobile device using the Yahoo Mail or native app. You'll need to use the mobile browser version of mail instead.

See below

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN2773.html

You cannot change the age , This is the best option

create a new Yahoo Account with an Acceptable age limit

Log into the old account, and in the settings forward the Email to the new Account

Open your Yahoo mail. Click on Gear icon and choose Settings option. Select Account tab and click on edit button of default yahoo account. After clicking on this a window pop-up here, now check the forward Yahoo mail to another Email address

This will mean it forward any email sent to the old email address to the new one ,

This is the only way i am Afraid

Cheers James

Ok, il do that. Thanks

No problem please rate my service Cheers James

Thank you so I will receive my email from the old account if I do this?

Yes if you

Make the new Account set it up on the Phone

Log in on the Pc and set the forwarding as above

Then if you send a test email to the old Account it will forward to the and the phone

Cheers James