Unable to connect to the internet. Windows 7 64bit fresh…

Customer Question
Unable to connect to the...
Unable to connect to the internet. Windows 7 64bit fresh windows install. Says not connected although the network cable is connected. Said something about no network connections. Any clues how to proceed? The cable is good as I switched it out with my working computer and the connections are good.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Tim, Sr. Engineer replied 2 years ago
Tim
Tim, Sr. Engineer

Hi there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you today. I have over 15 Years as an Engineer and have been with eBay, DoD and many others. I will do my VERY BEST to help you. If you like i can offer remote access and a call. In addition, with any positive rating I will support your question going forward for free.

It probably does not have the network drivers installed.....Do you have the factory disk? Who makes the computer, what model? If no disk, you may need to download the drivers on a flash drive and then install t hem to get online.

I have a generic computer made by Milwaukee PC.

That explains quite abit, We need to do a step be step walk through via phone to see what kind of NIC (Network interface card) you have, and then work on finding drivers.