My QuarkXPress app crushed today. I was in the process to…

Customer Question
My QuarkXPress app crushed today...
My QuarkXPress app crushed today. I was in the process to cutting and pasting several photos and text from our alma mater, Augustan College in their big win in the NCAA tourney.
After pasting the info, a message appeared that "Quark had quit working" and shut me down. Repeated attempts to open the Quark file ended with the same message.
I did restarted my desktop and tried again to no avail.
I am concerned about losing my file. What should I do? Howard
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
3/6/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Robert M., Consultant replied 2 years ago
Robert M., Consultant

it sounds like that file is already corrupted.

there are some tools and services that you can use to fix it

http://markzware.com/markztools/salvage-corrupted-quarkxpress-files-markzware-markztools-xtension/

Other than that your best bet would be if you had a backup of the file and you can open that and reload the images.