I have trying to clean my laptop thought I would try

Customer Question
refreshing it. Under the...
I have trying to clean my laptop thought I would try refreshing it. Under the Update and recovery page, I found where I could "refresh you P?C without affecting your files". I went to press that key when I accidentally pressed the remove everything abnd reibnstall Windows. Cannoot get into my computer without the product Key. It gives me the last 5 numbers but no more. What can I do now?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
3/5/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Robert M., Consultant replied 2 years ago
Robert M., Consultant

There is usually a sticker someplace on the laptop that gives the product key.

What manufacturer is it? For Windows 8 they sometimes have one product key for each manufacturer

It is a Dell and runs windows 8. there is a white sticker on the underside by it has become so torn, scractched and what looks llike washed out, I cannot read it.

In that case you can call dell. 1(###) ###-####/p>

they can send you a usb flash drive with an operating system on it if they cant give you a key number

another option is to load windows 10 on it which wont require a key

use the media creation tool on this page

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

do NOT choose the option to "upgrade this pc"

below that on the page is a button to download the tool

that will create a usb drive ( using a different computer)

put that in the problem computer and boot off it to install the windows 10

it should find the old key number but even if it does not you can just skip the part where it asks for a key or leave it blank and it will still install.