Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

I would like a newspaper article removed from google. dubbo

Customer Question

I would like a newspaper article removed from google . dubbo daily liberal 19/01/11 grandmothers cry for help
Category: Computer
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.

Would it be possible for you to post me a link to the article?

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.

Or did they remove the article after you phones them?

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.

If the newspaper did remove the article when you called them then you request the page be removed from googles index at the following link.

https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/removals

If they will not remove the article then there is not much you can do.

First let me explain to you what google is and how it works so you better understand your situation.

Google is a search engine that provides relevant results to to users when web sites match the terms entered into the google search. Google does not hold that data that you are seeing, the website does. Google simply indexes the text of websites and points a link to the web page where the terms are matched.

So the in your case your issue is with the website and not google.

So in short if the newspaper deleted the article from their website you can request removal with the link I gave you above or wait some time and it will be removed. If they did not remove then unfortunately it will stay in the google search results until it is deleted. Google cannot just delete web pages from the index unless it meets the criteria here:

https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/2744324

Please do me a favor and take a moment to rate my service by clicking the stars above, 3 or more is very appreciated, we can still chat after rating if you need more help.

Thanks,

Chris

Expert:  BigDish101 replied 1 year ago.

Keep in mind that google is only one of hundreds of search engines.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.

It seems you requested remote service which I can do and show you some things however your payment failed. If you do not need remote service Please do me a favor and take a moment to rate my service by clicking the stars above, 3 or more is very appreciated, we can still chat after rating if you need more information.