My asus q310l will not turn on…..hard drive light does not…

Customer Question
my asus q310l will not...
my asus q310l will not turn on…..hard drive light does not come on….the fan comes on intermittently…..the screen doesn't come on either….ive tried everything
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
3/4/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Harold Hanna, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 2 years ago
Harold Hanna
Harold Hanna, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello Ric how are you today?

hi harold
is this a real person or a computer?

I'm a real person person and I will attempt to assist you if you would like help with this problem.

hi harold glad to see your not a bot lol

Yes I am a real person and my apologies I did not see the response to this screen until now. Have you tried removing the battery and the power to completely reset it and turn it on again?

Well I've done that haven't pulled the battery because I have to take the top and bottom of computer off
I'm thinking the mobo is history everything about it is permanent except one memory stick
I'll pull the bios battery today but from what I've seen Asus is disposable computer

Hey Ric sorry for a later response I'm usually on in the evenings. I looked at a better picture of the laptop and it is odd that it does not seem to have an external battery. Did it used to work without being plugged in? Most laptops even if they aren't easily accessible will have a battery pack, it's almost pointless to have a laptop with no battery. I don't think the BIOS battery will change anything but if you are able to locate the main battery and unplug that while unplugging the AC power that may help. I just attempted finding a manual to help you with this but could not find a manual, is the computer old? If you removed the battery and power, and you still have the same problem, I would agree with you that the motherboard is indeed dead.

hi harold...the computer is one year old......what the weirdest part is......i push the power button till it turns off and as soon as i let go of the power power button it comes back on again...

What is the model again? I see what you wrote above but I just want to confirm it, I wasn't able to find a manual on the laptop which was odd. I am wondering if maybe the power button is somewhat stuck? Can you push it somewhat hard and manipulate it some in case it is stuck?

even if it is stuck i still have no screen...no hd light.....this is the weirdest thing ive ever seen
model q310l

If it is stuck it may not be allowing it to turn on correctly most computers do not like if the power button is being held down continually and it will make them act oddly, it is basically telling the computer to turn on and then immediately telling it to turn off then on and will act oddly. OK I'll try to find that model again for a manual.

ty sir

Is there any other model names or indications on the laptop?

power on light is lit...no hd light......caps light is stuck in the on position

Is it a zenbook or any specific type of Asus? I'm having trouble finding anything under that model number. Is it a laptop or desktop?

ASUS Q301L

Ahh OK there we go!

lol sorry

That's alright I was really confused usually I don't have trouble finding manuals =) OK so it does seem you are correct the battery seems to be internal, I am going to look into how much trouble it is to remove it. Have you tried manipulating the power button some? It really is acting like the button may be stuck. Also, you mention it is a year old. If it is under a year, this may be still under warranty?

OK I don't know why Asus did it like this but it is an internal battery as you already know. Before attempting opening it, please verify first if it is still under warranty. I have not been able to find a specific video of that exact laptop being opened to get to the battery, but I have a video of a more recent Asus laptop which also had an internal battery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWB35_tNJMI

I see $ was taken already and problem persists😒

OK did you follow the instructions above about removing the battery?