Yahoo has jacked my search engines on my Windows 7 computer.

Customer Question
Yahoo has hijacked my search...
Yahoo has hijacked my search engines on my Windows 7 computer. Regardless of the search engine I make default, Yahoo comes up. I can find no program for this action in the computer, and my security suite shows no malware. I want to get Yahoo off my computer! Help!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
3/3/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 2 years ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there and welcome Bill

To confirm, this is happening within Google Chrome correct?

All search engines, but I am primarily concerned with Google Chrome, which stopped working. When I downloaded it again and went to activate, the Yahoo browser comes up instead.

Thanks

In Chrome, you said you reset the defaults, exactly how did you do this?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Is this $39 above the original $40? I had a real problem once with allowing a company to get control of my computer and am real leery of another similar issue.

It is in addition, and it is optional as I then sign onto your computer and fix this directly for you. You control everything and see everything and I personally guarantee I am only interested in fixing the problem. If this was not the case I would not have lasted on this site for 6 years (this site is here for 13 years with a triple A rating from the BBB

I tried to accept the offer, but got ascreen that said that my payment info had expired and I needed to go back to the payment page and reenter the info. I can't find anything to click on for the payment page.

ok as being an engineer I cannot see anything with payments but can you call customer service on 1-***-***-****

They can work you through getting this done.

I will be here ready to fix this for you when they do

I have gone back 3 times to My Account and updated my payment info and it keeps getting rejected when I click on the Accept Offer icon. This is almost as maddening as Yahoo.

its likely your credit card is being blocked or your credit card company, can you check with them please. I can promise this is rare as normally I would be on your computer by now.

I am sorry to have eaten up your time, but I don't have time to be calling American Express now. They must have some reason for blocking this and I will find out what it is and then return. This has not been a satisfactory session as far as I am concerned.

ok, sorry but I have no control over why your credit card would be blocked... I can only say in the meantime I have had a few customers that had no issues so I know our system is working... and can only advise you to call

I used another card, VISA, and it still won't process.

ok, but I wanted you to call them as they look to be blocking it.