Is there a way to clear a retained charge on the system

Customer Question
board of a Lenovo Flex...
Is there a way to clear a retained charge on the system board of a Lenovo Flex 2-15? Unit was put to sleep, but will not restart?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
3/3/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 2 years ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please exactly what you have tried Alexandra, so we do not repeat this please?

All the magic tricks I have come across; ie. press power key 15 times at 1 sec intervals then press power, etc. So far nothing has worked. Key here is the battery is sealed.

Ok, the actual procedure is to remove the power cable from the unit and then hold the power button in for 60 seconds. It completes the circuit, draining residue power.

Then connect the power cable and try to turn it on.

Let me know the results please.

No change. Unit still does not boot.

remove the power cable and try to start it just on battery, does it the start?

No, no change.

ok, hold the power button in and with it held in, then connect the cable, disconnect and repeat 5 times, keeping it connected for 5 seconds each time.

Any reaction?

With cord removed...held power button in -- inserted cord 5 times for 5 seconds each - left cord in pressed power - did not boot

Thanks

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted. Its processing no power at all and will be the voltage regulator that transfers the power from battery to board.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you