My name is ***** *****, and the cursor on my HP Elitebook…

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** *****, and the cursor on my HP Elitebook 840 is stuck. I did a hard reset and no luck.

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I was working in Excel and Word and the cursor just stopped moving. I pressed the off button for a hard reset and logged on again. It's still stuck. There is a yellow light on in the upper left corner of the tracking pad. I do not use a mouse.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
I plugged in a touchpad and the cursor now works. This will suffice for tonight so I can finish my work, and then I'll take the laptop to our tech support team in the morning. Thanks anyway for your help.
3/2/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Michelle, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

let me know if you still need help?