I am editing a lengthy manuscript. Unfortunately, the

Customer Question
software I'm using to make...
I am editing a lengthy manuscript. Unfortunately, the software I'm using to make corrections also makes some small changes in the format of the file. These changes include (1) removing paragraph indents, (2) converting standard quote marks to undefined quote marks, and (3) doing the same thing with apostrophes. I can make these changes one at a time with search and replace but since they are repetitive I wonder if they could be assigned to a save key that would save me a great deal of time. Do your people do this sort of programming and, if so, what is the cost range? -- Dick Carson ***@******.***
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
3/1/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Computer Expert replied 2 years ago
Jason Jones, Computer Expert

I am the person that will be helping you today.

May I ask for you to elaborate on what specific changes you wish to automate and give a few examples of each change.

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

I have received no help so far. Just the same chats over and over. Can you contact me by phone?

Do you see my post? I asked for clarification of what you needed help with. I am so

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.

When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.

Thank you for your patience.

- Jason

rry for the confusion.

If you examine the file below, you will notice that none of the paragraphs are indented, and the quote marks and apostrophes are irregular. I can repair these with search and replace but would like those changes individually or collectively assigned to a Save key. I was unable to communicate with your tech via e-mail or chat for about an hour. I have been charged for this service and would like either some help or a refund. I should be available all day Tuesday. I hope I don't have to wait 24 hours as I have already been charged. The messages from ***** ***** (above) were blurred so I have no idea what they said.
I can now read Jason's response. I asked him many times over a full hour if he could call me or remotely access my PC. He never responded, just kept sending the same chat asking for more details. Very frustrating.
I now have a new tech who is sending me the same chats I received from ***** *****. All the material that should be nedded is listed above. I am retiring for the night. I will be available after 10 a.m. Tuesday by phone or e-mail.