I'm researching ways to preserve the thousands of emails I…

Customer Question
I'm researching ways to...

I'm researching ways to preserve the thousands of emails I have - in dozens of sub-folders - in a Comcast email account, now that we are about to discontinue our Comcast service. Most "solutions" do not seem to address large masses of emails which need to be preserved.

Technician's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Computer Technician should be aware of?

I currently work on a Mac at home, but use a PC at work. Would prefer to save these emails onto the Mac so that they are accessible somehow - via my new Outlook 365 email, or the Apple mail program, or....???

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
3/1/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Martin, Network Engineer replied 2 years ago
Martin, Network Engineer

Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.

You can add the Comcast account to Outlook as IMAP so all the emails download to the computer, then when the account gets closed you'll still have a copy of them on the computer.

Do you know how to do that or do you need remote help?

Please reply using the box below.

Regards,

What kind of remote help can you provide? And do you mean that all the emails (including from sub-folders) will automatically download to the computer? I don't mind downloading copies of all the emails to the computer (using an Apple product on my home Mac), as it has terabytes of hard disk space.

Yes, with IMAP the whole lot, including subfolders get downloaded - remote help means I connect to your computer and set it all up for you

Were you able to do that?