I have a small Lenovo notebook recently and have been using…

Customer Question
I have a small Lenovo...
I have a small Lenovo notebook recently and have been using it for my work. I have received a call from microsoft saying my temp license has expired and to call a tel # ***** get it restarted-nobody answers now and I need this to work. The computer will not even go on. Please tell me how to fix this now.
Bill W
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
2/28/2016
Tech Support Specialist: ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast replied 2 years ago
ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast

Hi Bill,

First off, I can tell that that the call you received was almost certainly NOT from Microsoft. There are a lot of scams going around right now with people claiming to be Microsoft and most likely what would've happened, if you had actually gotten an answer, is that they would've tried to get some money from you.

Regarding this "temp license"--which is not something that Microsoft uses or gives out--what were they saying the license was for? Windows? The machine itself?

They say the microsoft license key has expired and call 1-***-***-**** to get it turned on.
my computer has now started working so apparently it was a scam of some kind. It looks like I don't need your help for now. Sorry and thank you.

All right, have a good day.