I just received a Surface Pro Four. I have always used a PC…

Customer Question
I just received a...

I just received a Surface Pro Four. I have always used a PC at home.. I have had AOL as my home page since our first computer in the 90's. A few years ago a got an I-Pad 2,refurbished. First of all, I despise anything with the Apple name. This I Pad has given me nothing but trouble since day one, but it was a gift from my husband. I finally figured out how to get my surface connected to the internet, now I would like to make AOL my home page. What do I do.....I also have several more questions

Technician's Assistant: Good tech support is often the difference between a quick fix and many sleepless nights. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Computer Technician should be aware of?

Only that I am going to need help transferring my favorites, etc, from my PC to my surface

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
2/27/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

We have two ways we can proceed. On one hand, I can try and guide you through written support. This is a bit slower, but workable.

On the other hand, I can connect to your surface pro from here through our secure remote connection service. That will allow me to share your screen and run through a lot of steps and cover a whole lot of ground in a short time.

What method of support would you prefer?

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

I am not comfortable with this site and am trying to cancel and close out the sign in page sharing the screen with Subscription details
Trying to do this on my surface. Perhaps when I am more familiar with the surface I will them sign up

If you accidentally signed up for a subscription, you can cancel as follows

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-cancel-my-subscription

As far as this site goes, weve been in business and maintained a solid A + rating with the Better Business Burea for over ten years.

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403

Were not a fly-by-night tech support company..

If you decide you want to continue either via written support, phone support, or screen sharing support.

youre welcome to get back to me.

Dustin S.

Thank you for your time. I think I will unsubscribe for now until I am more familiar with my surface. I may not need assistance after all 😃

Not a problem at all.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Dustin S.

Enjoy your's as well 😃
Tech Support Specialist: Robert M., Consultant replied 2 years ago
Robert M., Consultant

you are trying to make aol your home page on the surface pro ?

what you need to do is go to www.aol.com

and then set that page as your home page

if you are using the internet explorer you can hit tools / internet options

and then check the box for "use current" in the home page section

if you are using chrome you have to hit the 3 horrizontal lines in the top right

select settings

under "on startup"

check the box for 'open specific page"

then click "use current.