After I agreed today to Microsoft Update on my HP Pavilion…

Customer Question
After I agreed today to...
After I agreed today to Microsoft Update on my HP Pavilion dm4, all my shortcuts installed last year for Windows 10 disappeared. How do I recover them? or are they located some place else?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
2/26/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Computer Expert replied 2 years ago
Jason Jones, Computer Expert

I am the person that will be helping you today.

May I ask to which shortcuts you are referring?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

Microsoft messaged that it would update my compute r which I agreed to. The result was doing something to my Windows 10 files: Word 2013, Excel 2013, etc. When I pressed the blank box e.g. for Word 2013 this statement printed:"The item WINWORD.EXE that the shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly. Do you want to delete this shortcut yes or no?

Thank you for the update. This may be a corrupt and/or fault within the Office installation and/or within the Windows Environment. In either case, some analysis and work will be required. May I start a secure remote assistance session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? When the remote session begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

Is it suggested that I change from the $40 monthly service plan to the $50 service plan after 15 days in order to have your assistance today? or that in order to perform any assistance today I need to pay in addition to the $40 approved for payment an extra $26?

You do not have to change your type of service. The extra fee is for the remote session.

What does remote service entail? How necessary is it?

The remote service will allow me to 'remote' into your system and share your screen & mouse. Once in, I will be able to analyze your system to see what needs to be done in order to fix it.