Screen locked up during configuration. Now will not

Customer Question
screen locked up during configuration...
screen locked up during configuration. Now will not configure. What do I do.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
2/26/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Shefin, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Shefin, Computer Support Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Could you please explain the issue briefly? May i know the program you are trying to configure?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Bought new laptop lenovo. Trying to set up when screen froze. Tried turning off and back on. Did not work. What should I do.

May I know the model number of the laptop?

If you can remove the battery of the laptop, please try the following.

Remove all external devices, CDs, AC Adapter and battery from the computer. Keep the AC Adapter and battery unplugged.
Hold the power button down for 20-30 seconds. (Nothing will appear on the display and none of the lights will light up.)
Plug in the ac adapter ONLY. (Please note that a power indicator light should be lit on the ac adapter when it is plugged in).
Normally power on the notebook.
If the unit does not power on, remove the ac adapter and insert the battery into the system.
Plug the ac adapter back into the system, the battery charging indicator light will light up.

Let me know the response.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Model 80qq

Are you able to remove the battery of the computer? Without removing any screws?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No

Please the AC Adapter from your computer. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds, and then start the computer normally. Let me know the response you are getting.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Screen came on after 20 seconds then turned off after about 5 more seconds.

Please press and hold the power button till the computer gets off. After that release it and press it again to start the computer.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Screen came on with diagnostic message.. gave me the first screen in configuration and second screen then locked up again.

Please wait for 30 minutes and let me know the response.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Screen still black.

Is the computer in warranty?

Do you have important data on the computer? Have you tried pressing the holding the Onekey?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
New computer. Nothing is on it. 3 days old. Am trying the 1 key now.

You can get instructions for the Novo button from the link below.

https://support.lenovo.com/in/hi/documents/ht102944

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Shefin, Computer Support Specialist