Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

When my computer starts up, I get the windows screen then

Customer Question

When my computer starts up, I get the windows screen then the login screen. When I put my password ***** the screen goes blank. Is there anything I can try before I take it in for costly repairs.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. When did this issue first occur?

What's the model of your Windows 10 computer? Did it come with Windows 10 originally, or with Windows 7 or 8, etc.?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Please try :

Solution #1:

1. After logging in, at the blank screen, press at the same time the 3 keys Ctrl, Alt, Del on the keyboard, then click on Task Manager if shown
  2. , then click on More details at bottom if shown.
  3. , then click on the Processes tab at the top
  4. , then click on the item explorer.exe then click on End Process at the bottom, and confirm Yes
  5. , then click on File menu at the top, then click on New Task (Run...), then type explorer then click OK
  6. , then see if the computer works now.

Solution #2:

1. At the blank screen, press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the keyboard.
  2. If the Run... window appears, then type rstrui then click OK.
  3. Then the System Restore window should open. Then click on Next, and restore the computer to any date before this issue first occurred, and check.

Solution #3:

1. Shut down the computer.
  2. Then turn on the computer, but do not log in.
  3. At the password ***** login screen, press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard.
  4. Click on the Power icon at the bottom right of the computer's screen, then click on the option Restart while still holding the Shift key.
  5. When a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key.
  6. When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.
  7. Then select the option Reset PC.
  8. When prompted, select the option "Keep my files", and continue.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

How is it going? Do you still need help with your computer issue?