I've lost the installation disk HP Photosmart C4180

Customer Question
Hi. My name is*****...

Hi. My name is***** lost the installation disk for my HP Photosmart C4180 All-in-one and I get a message that I need the msi file in order to complete a fresh installation.

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I was trying to scan an important document and realized my computer had lost the ability to scan. I decided to reinstall the entire program, but then realized I've lost the original installation disk.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
2/25/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi Jura. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

No need to order a disk as the software can be downloaded via the link below.

On that page select Option 2 if you need to download the complete software.

The page should automatically detect your version of Windows.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Photosmart-C4100-All-in-One-Printer-series/1142450/model/1142452/drivers

The answer to my question was fast and precise. I followed all the directions and reinstalled my All-in-one, and when I was done and the icon appeared in the screen tray,...I received the same message - that I need to find the msi file on the original disk, which I do not have. Now what? Also, I can't submit the rating. When I move the cursor to 'Submit' the stars disappear.

Hi Jura. I'm sorry for your issue. When you get the MSI error does it say which specific program it's asking for?

I've included in the attachment a couple of examples. HP installs several different software programs as part of the

printer setup.