Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  CCNA, A+, MCSE with over 12 years experience.
13274453

I've lost the installation disk HP Photosmart C4180

Customer Question

Hi. My name is***** lost the installation disk for my HP Photosmart C4180 All-in-one and I get a message that I need the msi file in order to complete a fresh installation.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was trying to scan an important document and realized my computer had lost the ability to scan. I decided to reinstall the entire program, but then realized I've lost the original installation disk.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tech Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jura. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

No need to order a disk as the software can be downloaded via the link below.

On that page select Option 2 if you need to download the complete software.

The page should automatically detect your version of Windows.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Photosmart-C4100-All-in-One-Printer-series/1142450/model/1142452/drivers

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The answer to my question was fast and precise. I followed all the directions and reinstalled my All-in-one, and when I was done and the icon appeared in the screen tray,...I received the same message - that I need to find the msi file on the original disk, which I do not have. Now what? Also, I can't submit the rating. When I move the cursor to 'Submit' the stars disappear.
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jura. I'm sorry for your issue. When you get the MSI error does it say which specific program it's asking for?

I've included in the attachment a couple of examples. HP installs several different software programs as part of the

printer setup.