My ideapad y700 Touch-15ISK comes with a backlit keyboard…

Customer Question
my ideapad y700 Touch-15ISK comes...
my ideapad y700 Touch-15ISK comes with a backlit keyboard and it will not work. I tried Fn+space bar as instructed by the manual and it will not lite up. Do I need a missing driver?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
2/25/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

When was the last time you remember the backlight would work?

And also, what version of windows do you have installed on your Lenovo?

new computer , never has worked. trying to make it work. i have two of these same model y700's only one of these keyboards are working. both have windows 10 os

We may need to download and install more then this.. But this file is the prime suspect

http://tinyurl.com/jqdfsb5

Once youve downloaded the lenovo energy manager program.. Make sure to open it and install it.

Once installed, restart the lenovo.. And then see if you can turn the backlight on..

If not, then launch the energy manager and make sure flight mode is off.. And look through the settings in the energy manager and turn on the backlight there.

If this doesnt work, or you run into any issues let me know. If t his doesnt work dont forget to return here and click and submit a rating..

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

I will try later today. Thank you Dusten. If it does not work then i will do remote access. Been very busy and have not been able to work on the computer. I will be sure to get you the 5 stars when we fix it... :-)

All right, that sounds like a plan.

If you encounter any issues carrying out the last steps I suggested, let me know!

Dustin S.

HI, Ive just seen your request for secure remote assistance.

I tried to accept that request and the system told me that the payment had failed. So I have sent the offer back to you to approve. If you encounter issues completing the payment, our customer service department should be able to help you.

US/Canada1-***-***-****

Available 6am to 9pm PST

International

Australia1800-679-634

New Zealand0800-452-621

United Kingdom0***-***-****

The rest of the world1-***-***-****

Once the offer has been accepted, I will send you the connection steps so we can get started.

Dustin S.