Today, I got several calls from people with Indian accents…

Customer Question
Today, I got several calls...
Today, I got several calls from people with Indian accents claiming they were with Microsoft. To prove that they were legit they gave me a registration # ***** my computer of 888DCA60D062. I kept telling them that I thought they were a scam. They called me back 3 times, insisting there was something wrong with my computer which is acting up at the moment as I have to access AOL thru Internet Explorer.
Can u tell me if these people were for real or scammers.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
2/24/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. That was certainly a scam. Please always ignore any phone call that you do not know or that you are not expecting.

What happens when you try to uninstall / reinstall AOL? Is there any error or message?

- Can you please download and install the latest AOL Desktop program at the AOL website below, and check:

http://discover.aol.com/products-and-services/aol-desktop-for-windows

- If that does not work, please download and install the free Revo Uninstaller program at the website below:

http://www.revouninstaller.com/download-freeware-version.php

, then open the Revo Uninstaller program, and use it to uninstall AOL program

, then restart the computer, then download and install the AOL Desktop program at the AOL website below and check:

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.